OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation Personnel Security Specialist in Washington, District Of Columbia
OMNIPLEX is seeking a seasoned profession Program Manager committed to excellence, honesty, and integrity to join our team. We are a trusted provider of high-quality background investigations programs to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the intelligence community at locations throughout the United States. If you have investigations experience, OMNIPLEX is where you want to be for the future.
•Conducts status checks on background investigations utilizing the automated OPM Personnel Investigations
Processing System (PIPS).
• Reviews entire case file and makes a suitability/fitness recommendation based on the criteria found and
methodology prescribed in the OPM Suitability Processing Handbook.
• Conducts pre-employment inquires as necessary to resolve issues.
• Utilizes case management systems to document adjudicative recommendations as appropriate.
• Completes adjudicative recommendations within established time frames.
• Documents adjudicative recommendations in a clear and concise manner for second level review.
• Drafts correspondence in the form of Letters of Interrogatory, Adjudicative Worksheets, and Notices of Proposed
Action for second level review.
• Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Assists in training Federal and new contractor staff.
• Conducts inventory and quality checks on pending Report of Investigation (ROI) drawers
• Monitors personnel security mailbox, work log, and workflow as necessary
A minimum of three years of experience in suitability and fitness case work with two years of experience
in adjudication rendering suitability and fitness recommendations and one year of case processing as
outlined in the Personnel Security Assistant category above on behalf of the Federal Government,.
• Have successfully completed formal training in suitability adjudications towards adjudicator certification in
compliance with National Training Standards established by OPM.
• Demonstrated experience and familiarity making a suitability/fitness recommendation based on the criteria found
and methodology prescribed in the OPM Suitability Processing Handbook.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to elicit detailed information from a
variety of sources necessary to evaluate an individual’s conduct and character.
• Practical knowledge of commonly applied personnel security and suitability principles, concepts, and
methodologies in carrying out a variety of support assignments.
• Ability and willingness to learn the basic functions and operations of all systems associated with personnel
security and suitability case processing.
• Must possess a favorably adjudicated background investigation completed within the last five years at the
BI, Tier 4 level or SSBI, Tier 5 level; and be able to maintain the favorable result throughout employment
on the contract.
This position is for a near future contract and not currently funded
OMNIPLEX is committed to a drug-free workplace. As such, the Company conducts pre-employment, reasonable cause, random and contract-mandated testing in accordance with federal and state law.